In the world’s mining development landscape, the collective economic footprint of Australia’s Mining Equipment, Technology and Services (METS) sector is significant.
The METS sector contributes 15% of Australia’s GDP, employs over 1.3 million people and has a global reputation of being an industry leader. It has shown to be a resilient part of Australia’s economy, with a proven track record adapting to the cyclic nature of the commodity sector.
It has also proven to withstand the economic effects of the COVID-19 pandemic sweeping across the globe and it is likely that this sector will again be a core foundation that many will rely upon to help drive Australia’s post-COVID economic recovery for years to come.
Despite being Australia’s largest industry, the METS sector does face some real challenges:
- The need for faster commercialization of its technologies.
- Effective development and implementation of skills and services in a sector facing shortages of STEM students entering our universities and our workforce.
- An ability to scale fast and stay abreast of global challenges including changes to automation, digitization and technologies.
- Securing a social license to operate using less water, eliminating the need for tailings storages and improved remediation and rehabilitation at mine sites.
The shortage of skilled personnel affects all of our engineering sectors, but the social license issues surrounding mining means the METS sector has been hit particularly hard.
Whilst it is an industry sector facing growing pains and technological challenges, it is not unlike all business sectors working in a highly competitive local and international business environment.
For Australian METS companies, here are several benefits of outsourcing certain functions in this industry:
- For estimating and engineering, roles are hard to fill in Australia, particularly in specialised industries. By outsourcing to the Philippines, you’ll have access to thousands of highly qualified candidates.
- When one considers salary and recruitment fees, companies save up to 70% on employment costs alone.
- The Philippines is globally recognized for producing offshore staff with exceptionally talented candidates across the METS sector.
Building a dedicated remote team could be the solution you need:
- If you’re paying too much in bidding for new work.
- If you find it hard to increase your profit margin and maintain your overhead expenditures as low as possible.
- If you find it difficult to recruit qualified new staff such as administrators, engineers, estimators, planners, or schedulers.
- If your sales and technical teams are getting bogged down with non-core activities that are affecting their core tasks.
- If you want to scale up your sales and technical teams fast and at a fraction of the cost.
Twoconnect can provide the manpower, infrastructure, and resources to build your offshore staff in the Philippines. Through a thorough analysis of your business needs and a stringent recruitment process, our expert recruiters will make sure you’ll only get the best candidates to perform various responsibilities as required by your company.
You’ll save up to 70% on labour expenditures and gain access to a talent pool of highly qualified professionals who are skilled in doing low-level or specialized tasks. You’ll have full control of your offshore team so they can perform at optimum levels and maintain the same high quality standards as your own local staff.
We can set up your offshore staff with the most updated facilities (IT infrastructure, well-maintained workstations, security, data management, etc.) in our offices. We make sure that the selected team members are well trained in using various digital platforms that meet your requirements to ensure efficient workflow in selecting and managing new employee prospects for your business.
Through our finely tuned recruitment process, we can outsource the most qualified candidates for the following job roles to assemble your offshore staff. Whether you need a small team or a whole department, we can scale it accordingly.
- Administration Manager
- Order Processor
- Account Administrator
- Maintenance Planner
- CAD Designer
Twoconnect can assist you by providing talented services personnel for both non-core functions and for engineering, drafting, estimating and planning activities to improve cost efficiency, quality performance and future business growth.